In partnership with Yorkshire Cancer Research
Yorkshire Cancer Research is proud to be delivering the Workplace Challenge aspect of the Move More Month initiative in partnership with the National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine (NCSEM).
The independent, regional charity has invested £50,000 in the campaign as part of its strategy to reduce the risk of cancer by encouraging healthy lifestyles.
Four in 10 cases of cancer could be prevented through lifestyle changes, such as not smoking, eating well, drinking less alcohol, being active and staying safe in the sun.
Being physically active can reduce the risk of some of the most common cancers, such as colorectal and breast cancer.
Yorkshire Cancer Research helps people in Yorkshire avoid, survive and cope with cancer. The charity is dedicated to raising awareness of cancer and how to prevent it, promoting the national screening programmes and funding innovative research projects, from diagnosis to end of life care. For more information, please visit www.ycr.org.uk.
Get your employees achieving Bronze, Silver, Gold or even Legendary status!
How to Get Involved
Complete the form below
Key Dates and Facts
- The competition will run from 1-30 June
- Organisations can provide as many teams of up to 10 people as they like
- Participants can track their activity using the Move More app, or by choosing from a long list of apps and tracking devices or manually enter their steps from a pedometer
- Teams will compete based on the total number of minutes that they accumulate throughout June and on the average minutes per team member.
- Medals will be awarded for reaching 30 (Bronze), 45 (Silver) and 60 (Gold) minutes of movement. Those that Move More can achieve legend status (90minutes plus)!
- The Outdoor City themes of walk, run, ride and climb will feature in this years challenge but any form of movement will count to your team’s total. It really is as simple as Move More!