About Move More Schools
Move More is a Sheffield-wide strategy that is being delivered by partners across the city.
Within the strategy there is a clear ambition to work with partners across Sheffield to support schools and pupils to achieve the Chief Medical Officers (CMO) guidelines of 60 minutes physical activity every day. Move More Schools and partners are working on strategies to embed physical activity into everyday school life, creating a positive cultural environment for pupils and school staff to integrate physical activity into their daily routines.
Move More Schools wants the pupils of Sheffield to be the most active kids in the UK in order to reap the rewards an active lifestyle brings about.
Three easy steps to be a Move More School
- Sign up (coming soon!)
- Pledge what your school is going to do to activate your kids for Move More Month
- Let us know what you did for Move More Month and what the impact was for your school & children to be put in the prize draw for some exciting prizes
Help kick off a month of activity in June
Print the provided movement cards and as a whole school in the playground at 12:30pm on Wednesday 6th June get the kids moving for one minute using one of the cards produced.Download
A clear link between physical activity and attainment
Your pledge and continued support is crucial in changing the sedentary behaviour of some children while at school – increasing their attainment levels and reducing the risk of health issues in later life.
- Download pledge and get each teacher to print and sign it and put it on wall in prominent place in school / tweet about it #MMSchools .
- Send out infographic to all parents and encourage to use the 4 week planner.
- Print, laminate and hang up playground challenge plaques around the playground.
- Move More
Even More Resources
Let’s help children ‘Move More’. Visit Twinkl Move for incredible resources, all created to help children enjoy being active.
Twinkl Move is an empowering teaching package, giving teachers a complete breadth of planning and CPD content from Reception through to Key Stage 2.Visit Website